Click here to go to the Brad News Store at CafePress.
Custom Search
Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Monday, April 13, 2009

Welcome To The Blog


For those that don't know me, my name is Brad Cossey and this is my blog. I'm 26 years old and am a native of Arkansas. You might be wondering what all is in this blog. It's gonna be pretty much whatever is on my mind at the time. Even though "BrAD NEWS OF THE DAY" is a play on "BAD NEWS", I'll post some good news every now and then and maybe some reviews. There are about four main things I like to talk about and that's politics, video games, movies, and art.

I'm a libertarian, so anything political on here will likely be from a libertarian point of view. What's a libertarian? Well, it's a person who believes strongly in individual freedoms, economic freedoms, and little government controls. As long as nobody is harming anyone else, they should be allowed to do what they want. I was once a Democrat and then later switched to be a Republican and neither party seemed to have the exact same beliefs I had. Eventually I gave up, but later found out what libertarians were and discovered that fit perfectly with my beliefs. If you think you might be a libertarian, or would like to see what politicial category you might fall in, take The World's Smallest Political Quiz.

I love video games. I mostly play on my Playstation 3, but used to play a lot of stuff on the PC. I play mostly first person shooters (COD5 and Killzone 2), but also play RPGs (Oblivion and Fallout 3) and strategy games (Command & Conquer). I really like games where you can build your own levels, like in "LittleBigPlanet". That's the main thing I miss about gaming on the PC, is nearly every game came with a map maker. Few console games let you do that. As a gamer and a libertarian, I'm opposed to censorship and laws aimed at video games. I'll be sure to post my thoughts and keep you informed on the latest assaults on gamer and developer rights.

I do find time to watch some movies now and then. I've been burned out on most of the huge summer blockbusters I use to like as a kid. It takes more than a bunch of CGI thrown up on the screen to make me want to see something. I'll try to write a few movie reviews if I see something I like. I don't get a lot of time to read actual books, but if I come across one that I really like, I'll try to give it a review also. I might give a review of any new music I come across also. Although, most of the music I like is classic rock and country.

Besides playing video games, watching movies, and posting on this blog, I also do some artwork now and then. I draw, paint, and sculpt. As far as painting goes, I did a few acrylic paintings, but I really like using oils now. I also do a few watercolors. I've done a little bit of figure sculpting a while back, but haven't picked up some Sculpey in a while. I'm also into photography and like to take photos of nature type stuff. Maybe I might get around to posting some of my artwork, or photos on here. I'm the same way on art as I am on video games. If anyone is trying to censor art, I'll be on here writing about it.

Anyway, that's pretty much what's gonna be covered here. I might have a hard time coming up with a topic, so if you have something you'd like for me to talk about, or have some news you'd like for me to pass along, or comment about, please feel free to e-mail me and I'll try to do something with it.

No comments: